1. Becky putting the “finishing touches” to our Christmas tree. She
2. Becky and I getting into the Christmas spirit with suitable head
gear and lots of cuddles.
3. Becky excitedly opening her birthday presents at her Nanny
and Granchy’s house. She’s a very lucky girl and got so much
stuff; we’ll need an extension soon at this rate, what with all
4. My gorgeous birthday girl. Four years old. That’s taking
Mummy some getting used to. It seems like only yesterday
that she was Alex’s age.
5. A beautiful winter’s day spent going for a long walk, just the
hubby and I, in the beautiful Brecon Beacons, where his parents
live. We were soaking up the gorgeous scenery and talking
about all sorts of stuff, like we used to BC (*before children*),
when this was our regular walking spot, which was lovely.
6. John and Alex sharing some big chuckles. This picture makes my
7. Taking Becky ice-skating for the first time. Becky enjoyed it very
much, but I LOVED it. Brought back my inner child and I was on
a high all day after that. Clearly I need to get out more.
8. Alex turning five months this month and more and more
developing his own little character. I just adore him.
9. And finally, Alex inspecting and taking a shine to his Christmas
present. He is becoming so aware of everything and so much
more dexterous. My boy. *Sigh*.
I was going to do a round-up of my highlights of this year, too,
but then, the main highlight of 2014 was undoubtedly Alex’s birth, and
nothing else comes even close, so I’m leaving it at that and look forward to
hopefully lots more highlights for us as a family in 2015. Happy New Year!