Considering January is generally a bit of a bleak month, it’s gone in a blink of an eye, and I can’t believe the first month of 2015 is ticked off already. Only one more month of maternity leave left, before I have to go back to work *sob*, but that’s for another post.
So my January went something like this:
1. We started weaning Alex, and having tried both traditional and baby-led weaning unsuccessfully, then taken a break and then started again with minor success, the conclusion is that he's just not that interested in food. Not quite sure what to do about it and how to progress. But I guess he’ll do it in his own time – after all, I’ve never seen an 18-year-old still on the bottle (well, not a milk bottle anyway), right?
2. I finally got a new hair-cut, and much needed it was, too. It’s not that noticeable in the picture, but I went for a subtle ombre / balayage colour effect and love it. Think I will be braver next time and make it stand out a bit more.
3. Goofing around with Becky and building dens out of blankets, cushions and other paraphernalia.
4. Laughing lots at Alex's latest favourite toy – his own feet. Quite a dexterous little boy he is!
5. Watching Alex sleep, which I don’t tire of and do every night. He’s just so cute, innocent and angelic that I could eat him.
6. Enjoying being back home in Germany and celebrating my Mum’s 70th birthday (she’s not looking too happy in the picture because my Dad was faffing around with the camera and she was getting impatient, but it’s the only one I have, and I still like it). Love how Alex and Becky are exchanging glances, too.
7. Alex turned six months this month. Could despair at how quickly time flies. *Sigh*
8. Building a snowman and generally having lots of snow fun in Germany with Becky.
9. And finally, enjoying lots of cuddles and one on one time with Alex while I still can. I will miss our time together so much when he starts nursery in March.