What a month March has been! Full-on and stressful and then some. But, it also had lots of highlights and lovely moments, so without further ado, here are this month’s best bits:
1. I went back to work after eight months on maternity leave. Well, sort of, because …
2. … Becky got the chickenpox on the Sunday before I started back on the Monday, and consequently had to stay home all week. Luckily she wasn’t ill with it and continued to be her usual smiley and cheeky self. Alex followed suit, btw, and was ill with fever and tonsillitis after just one day at nursery. Two sick kids in my first week back at work!
3. At least we had something happy to look forward to the following weekend: My best friend’s wedding. It was only a weekend trip, but we had as much luggage as if we were going on a trip around the world. Travelling light with kids? Yeah right. Simply impossible.
4. Here is my beautiful best friend Meike and her groom Michael on their wedding day. Don’t they look lovely? She is heavily pregnant and the baby is due in a few weeks. I couldn’t be more excited for them!
5. And what do you know, on our return from Germany Alex came down with the chickenpox, too, as well as a fever, a viral infection and tonsillitis which required antibiotics, which didn’t agree with him and he was sick a lot and really poorly. Another week spent at home with a sick child.
6. However, this month was also the month my little munchkin learned to sit unaided and cut his first couple of teeth. Clever boy!
7. Becky and Alex have been growing close over the last few weeks. As Alex is getting more developed and interactive, Becky is finally starting to show some interest in her brother. And it’s lovely.
8. Becky and I had a girly date to the cinema to see Cinderella and left the boys at home. It was such a great thing to do, and we will definitely spend more one-on-one time in the future.
9. Another first for Alex this month – he went on the baby swing for the first time. I’m pretty sure he liked it, even though he doesn’t quite look it in the picture.