February has been another quiet month here on this blog; once again because the rest of my life has been anything but. I've been super busy at work, with lots of travel, and super tied up at home, so this month has just whizzed passed like that. I've enjoyed putting together the above collage though and looking back at a few of my highlights:
1. Becky's first proper hair cut. In a proper salon. She loved the shabby chic interior and kept saying: "Mummy, this place is very fancy, isn't it?" It made me (and the other customers) chuckle.
2. Celebrating John's birthday with a nice meal out and some quality family time.
3. Visiting a clown's circus during half term with a couple of Becky's friends. We had popcorn, candyfloss and lots of giggles.
4. More half term fun out in the woods. Becky wasn't keen at first - such a city child! - but once we started building dens, she got stuck in and embraced the great outdoors. It was a glorious winter morning!
5. Our first Valentine's card courtesy of Alex. John and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day, we think it's a load of old rubbish (*shoot me!*), but getting his card that he made at nursery was the best kind of gift and we got - a little bit - into the spirit of the day.
6. It was key season for us at work, involving lots of travel to lots of trade shows. It's exhausting and exhilarating in equal measure, and I get to meet lots of interesting people, which is always a bonus.
7. Getting creative with Becky. We spent a rainy Sunday afternoon, while Alex was napping, making mosaic princess pictures. Becky was so patient and dexterous at it, and I found it strangely therapeutic and calming, too - totally out of character for this usually impatient Mumma. The effect your kids have on you, ey?
8. Spending some one-on-one time with Becky - we've tried to use Alex's nap times to do fun things together. I often find it tricky juggling Becky's and Alex's needs and interests at the same time, so when he naps it's the perfect opportunity for us to have some exclusive Mummy and daughter time.
9. Alex contracting a nasty case of tonsillitis and chest infection and ending up being taken to A&E in an ambulance with suspected pneumonia. It gave us such a fright, as he's never been so ill before. But luckily, it didn't end up being worst case scenario, and he is now on the mend. Phew!